Difference between revisions of "Custom Message Settings"
(Created page with "=Custom Message Settings= You can set a custom message of up to five pages that will appear in the attract mode. All the options are in the service menu. Here's a video demo...")
Latest revision as of 15:51, 8 May 2019
Custom Message Settings
You can set a custom message of up to five pages that will appear in the attract mode. All the options are in the service menu.
Here's a video demo of the message system in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chjsvWfT5eM
To get to the custom message options:
Enter the service menu Select SETTINGS Up/Down to find CUSTOM MESSAGE
The first option determines if the custom message is visible in the attract mode - so you can turn it on/off without clearing everything.
The second option determines how many pages of the message will be shown starting with 1 -- so if you want to scale down from 5 to say 3, you can, without clearing out pages 4 and 5.
Each page has
- A selectable backdrop
- Up to three lines of text - the system is dynamic, centering whatever you do enter, vertically
Each line of text has these options
- Color of the text (for use with CCC Color display
- Size of the text (5, 7, 9 or 12) height in pixels
- Justification of the text (left, center or right)
- A string of up to 16 characters
Any time you press enter to edit a string of text, it clears the current line and you start fresh (as it works right now).
At the end of each "page" section is a PREVIEW item that will show you the current frame for a few seconds to see how it's coming out.
- Use the previews to check how the pages look. It does what it can to auto set the vertical spacing, but if you make bad choices (like 3 lines of 12 point fonts) it might suck
- If you want a page to stay visible longer in the attract mode, just make 2 pages in a row the same
To reset the custom message to blank:
- Enter the service menu
- Select UTILITIES
- Up/Down to find MESSAGES RESET